Friday, November 15, 2013

Feeding my Soul...

Tomorrow, yes tomorrow The Orlesky's will start 7 week journey/challenge of "7". I have been feeling it in my soul lately that God has been trying to tell me something, tell our family something. And I believe He is trying to tell us to stay close to Him.

In the book 7 Jen Hatmaker says "7 will be an exercise in simplicity with one goal: to create space for God's kingdom to break through."

And that folks is what we are aiming for, that is what we need as individuals and as a family. For myself the control I think I have over our move to Haiti as to when we will get on the field, how to raise all the money, what we need to get there has taken over the need of me leaning on God and knowing that He is control. He has it, He knows when it will all happen. I just need to lean on Him and know He is with us.

To start our 7 as family our first week will be our food intake. We as a family will only eat seven foods for one week. Chris and I will stick to the plan, the kids we will be more easy on them and they will get more options than what we have. They actually seem a bit excited for it, Ethan is convinced I am doing it to him cause he hates vegetables. No sweet boy, I just want you to know how much more Jesus can fill you up than food. That is exactly what I feel like I need, is a good feeding in my soul. I want to be filled with His word and truth.

So here we go again, pray for us, this time around I'm sure we are going to need it.

I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.
                                                                 Philippians 4:12-13


No comments:

Post a Comment