Saturday, June 9, 2012

Month 3- Possessions

"It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich." Psalm 37:16

7:15am I wake up to hear the tv already turned on and to see my son watching it. *sigh* Did you really miss the tv that much? I'm guessing so. Yesterday was our last day of very limited technology, and I have to say I am pretty proud of my family. I will admit that my last week was awful for texting, but it was really only to 2 people. One of them is my little sister who I have a hard time ignoring, the things she tells me makes me laugh and be thankful that I am in my late twenties,haha. No offense baby sis. And the other one is one of my go to girls and I seriously couldn't imagine not having her in my life,so sometimes I just had to tell her stuff.

Went onto facebook this morning, and when people said I wasn't missing much they weren't lying. Decided that anytime I see something completely useless, it will just be clicked away. I don't care what game you are playing!!! But I was happy to see that one of my girlfriends shared with rest of us today that she had her baby girl,glad I didn't miss that update. Congrats April!!!

Anyways, enough with Month 2... now onto Month 3. Possessions. Gulp. Get rid of 7 things a day. My house is going to be empty by the time we are done. HAHA I joke, we are pretty much hoarders, and Im pretty sure I'm going to have to cut out garage sales for the next month. I made a list of which room we will go through in the next 30 days and who will pick stuff each day. Kids are going to throw a fit when it comes to their rooms. It's actually where I make them keep there most favorite things, so it's going to be toughy for them.

Chris and I are actually quite excited for this month, I am pretty sure we complain everyday about how much junk we have. Today started with Chris in our bedroom and the first thing gone from our room is??? The television!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Here's a challenge for you, since I started today, why don't you??? Maybe you can't imagine doing 7 things a day, but even 1 item a day for the 7 days of the week for a month would be a great start, or 7 things a day for a week. Not sure what to do with all the stuff. Have a garage sale or if your in the Fredericton area bring it to Bibles for Missions. Or maybe you know of someone who is in need of it. Just get rid of it!!!

I'm happy to be back, but like I've said before, I'll definetly choose my family over technology.

1 comment:

  1. I love your enthusiasm, and I am wishing you all the best! So proud of you for working through this and making such great decisions...God Bless! I'm cheering you on. xx

    ReplyDelete