Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 1

Well it's almost the end of day 1 and I have to say I did pretty good. I ate only what I said I would eat and drank only water. I won't lie there was a few times where I picked up food to snack on and then before putting it in my mouth remembered that it's not okay to eat it.
The apple I had for breakfast this morning reminded me of why I don't eat them often, they seem to dry out my mouth. Made a mental note to buy different kinds of apples next time I go grocery shopping.
Surprisingly my spinach, carrot and egg salad wasn't too bad considering I put on no dressing.
As some of you might know, I am also working on decluttering my house which is going to fit in nicely to my journey. Today's task was to go through my pantry and organize it. As I'm going through it I'm looking at food that I have doubles of and will probably never be used and I thought to myself why don't I just give this stuff away. Bless someone else who can use and not put in the trash where it would end up going if I kept it. So I got a box and started putting in my extra food. After I was done, I looked at my half full box and thought how awesome would it be to fill that box up. So I challenged all my Facebook friends to go through their cupboards and see what they could find to donate. And the response has been great and I've decided to do this for the next 30 days and give the food away on the last day of Month One.

So instead of stopping after just month one of blessing others I will somehow incorporate it into every month of my journey and challenge all my friends to join in. I have a feeling the more I continue along this journey the more I will learn about myself and about others, and this really excites me!!!

Till next time...

1 comment: